Revenue Models & Pricing
This section on revenue models & pricing provides resources and materials to support the following learning objectives:
- Develop and evaluate strategic choices between different revenue models as one important aspect of a business model.
- Understand the benchmarks for price setting: customer value, competition, cost.
- Design a pricing model along several dimensions.
- Consider pricing principles implied by behavioral economics and psychology.
- Learn about tools to measure willingness-to-pay.
Types of Revenue Models
- List by the Founder Institute
- 9 Revenue models explained in the Startup School of YCombinator:
Strategic Pricing Considerations for Startups
- Startup Pricing 101 by Startup School of YCombinator:
- Product Pricing for Startups (brief Medium blog post)
- Sequoia’s Pricing Advice (including a nice worksheet)